Don’t you want to work for a company that is making a difference in the world? NBACC does just that! NBACC is a one-of-a-kind, non-profit facility dedicated to defending the nation against biological threats. Its work supports intelligence assessments, preparedness planning, response, emerging threat characterization and bioforensic analyses. It is the first national laboratory created by DHS in response to the Amerithrax attacks of 2001 and has been operated by BNBI since 2006. Since its inception, NBACC and its staff have filled critical shortfalls in our scientific knowledge of biological agents needed to defend the public from acts of terrorism.
Our current job postings are listed below, and will be removed upon the identification and selection of qualified candidates. Those candidates must successfully complete the following:
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship;
- Receive approval by BNBI’s Medical Consultant of drug screen results and any required physical examination;
- Receive approval of background check, to include employment and educational verification, criminal history, professional references, credit history and Social Security number trace;
- Provide evidence of ability to work and earn in the United States;
- Obtain and maintain an Interim Secret Clearance, as well as obtain and maintain a final Top Secret clearance; and
- Obtain approval of the Department of Homeland Security’s Suitability Screening process.
- Due to the high volume of applications received by our organization, we only contact those candidates who are selected for interviews.
- Offers of employment are extended only by BNBI Human Resources Department. A verbal offer will be followed by a formal offer letter.
- Please be advised that BNBI enforces a 180-day probationary period for all new hires.
- Although adults 21 and over will be allowed to use and possess up to 1.5 ounces of marijuana in Maryland (effective July 1), as employees, we remain barred from using and/or possessing cannabis.
- Some jobs require enrollment and continued participation in NBACC’s Personnel Reliability Program, NBACC’s Medical Surveillance Program, and full showers prior to leaving the containment boundary (in BSL-3 and/or BSL-4 laboratories).
Applying to BNBI’s Current Job Posting
BNBI shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.